Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break Reading Challenge Activity #9

Activity 9 - What Floats Your Boat?
We all have different tastes. Today's activity is meant to help you get to know a little more about each other and talk about your favorite genre at the same time. Here is what I want you to do:
1. Create a post about your favorite genre. What do you read the most and why? Look at the books you've read this year so far? How many of those book are ones that fit in your favorite genre?

My favorite genre is science fiction/paranormal/ fantasy. I love vampire novels, which has turned out to be classified as romance and I have always been interested in science fiction movies. This year I've read the Twilight series, restarted the Lara Adrian Midnight Breed series and want to read the Demonica series by Larrissa Ione and the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J. R. Ward. I have recently bought the first book in the series for Ione and Ward. I had bought and read the first book in the Midnight Breed a few years ago and found Lara Adrian's blog and realized I was way behind. I'm on book three now. I read a few of the sci fi.

2. Come back here and link your post to Mr. Linky.
DONE

3. After some other people have posted about their favorite genres, go by and visit them. At least a couple to say hello.
DONE

5 comments:

  1. I'm so there with you. I really need to catch up on the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Have you read Kim Harrison's novels? They're soooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a lot of these too. I have the Lara Adrian series too and am even farther behind than you are. I think I have only read the first one but would have to read it again before going on. I don't remember a thing.

    I like Kim Harrison too. But I also like Patricia Briggs, Ilona Andrews, and Jeaniene Frost books too.

    For science fiction, I recently read John Scalzi's Old Man's War series and really liked them. And, as far as I am concerned, there are not better SF authors than Lois McMaster Bujold or Sharon Lee and Steve Miller.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy this genre in YA. I haven't read much adult literature in this genre, however. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! My son was still logged into Google. The comment above was from Karen at GHHS Library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite genre will always be fantasy/science fiction and not necessarily romantic fantasy/science fiction - just plain old mainstream outstanding fantasy/science fiction. I also love historical fiction. Sharon Kay Penman may be my favorite in that genre.
    I like most of BDB, but lost interest by the last installment.

    ReplyDelete