Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break Reading Challenge Activity #5

Here is the fifth activity over at http://springbreakreadingchallenge.blogspot.com/

Activity #5 - Obstacles

For today's Activity, 1) create a blog post talking about the things that prevent you from getting things done. It could be reading, updating your blog, or anything else you try to do and 2) can you come up with a plan to get past your obstacle?

Since I have started my challenges, knitting has taken a back seat to my reading, whether it's blogs or books. When I get home from work, I only have a few hours to get myself and my son fed, washed, and ready for the next day. (Luckily, he gets his homework done during his after school activity.) I get to work about a half hour early and I knit or read and do the same during lunch. I try to alternate what I do.

Another obstacle of mine is going back to school. Money is the issue for me there, but this year I'm going to fill out the financial aid form and take what little bit they will give me. They usually say I make too much, but I don't see how. I've done the loan thing and am paying back a student loan and don't want to do it again.

I also should exercise, but laziness gets in the way. I haven't found a way around the laziness.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Sounds like you're burning the candle at both ends. Something always has to give and that's never your child so usually it's exercise! Even if you can get thirty minutes, it's worth it - but from what I understand, knitting is a great activity for the brain. Of course, so is reading. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete