Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Everything

My Everything (Will take you to the excerpt)

Posted using ShareThis

This is the second book that I have finished by Julia Barrett and I like her.

This is a story of Grace and Ben who find each other ten years after they spend part of the summer together and realize that they love each other. Ben was 24 and on his way to advance training in security and Grace was 18 and about to go to college to study nursing. The story opens with Ben arranging to return to the states after disappearing for almost two years. Grace ends up in the same city and hotel as Ben because she is attending a medical conference. Grace suffers from migraines and is suffering from one when Ben finds her sitting outside his hotel room. Ben takes her into his room because he doesn't want to leave a vulnerable woman in the hall and as he is placing her in the bed, he realizes who she is. The next day, they rekindle their love and Ben finds out that his little sister has been kidnapped. The rest of the story has Ben looking for his sister and the kidnapper looking for Ben.

At first I had a problem with the story because I didn't understand why Ben was being so secretive and hiding. Once I realized that it had to do with the way his wife had been killed, it all made sense to me and I was really able to enjoy the book. This problem could have just been my issue and not Julia's writing. I like Julia's writing style and can't wait for her next book to come out.

Her next book is called "Beauty and the Feast" and is due out March 16, 2010. By the way, she is having a contest over at her blog. If you leave a recipe, your name will go in a drawing for her new book. http://juliarachelbarrett.net/

2 comments:

  1. And there might be a contest to win the forthcoming book at my place this week... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dana! I'm glad you read and enjoyed the book. My Everything is another one I dreamed from start to finish so it was pretty interesting to write. Thanks for the lemon cheesecake recipe! I'm making it this week!

    ReplyDelete